Friday, October 4, 2013

Twins!

Our favorite nurse at my children's doctor's office found out that not only is she expecting, but that she is having twins! Holy Cow that's exciting. So for today's card, I made one for her that was kind of inspired by the card I posted Wednesday   I liked the double baby tags and thought that would be good for a twins card. 

And as promised this is a product day.  The product I will be using this month is DSP, or Designer Series Paper.  I may have mentioned that I am addicted to pretty paper, and Stampin' Up! has some pretty papers!  My paper of choice today is a retired pack called Birda of a Feather.  



The cool thing about DSP is that it can be your color inspiration, which is what I did today.


Because we don't know boys or girls, or both, yet, I took my inspiration form the DSP and began with a Summer Starfruit card base, 4 1/4 x 11 inches, scored at 5 1/2.  The DSP is 1/4 of an inch smaller at 4 x 5 1/4 inches.  I added a mat to the stamped image of Crumb Cake cut at 2 7/8 x 3 1/8 inches and the Whisper White Panel for the image is 2 3/4 x 3 inches.  I picked the widest bird cage, stamped in soft suede,  from the Aviary stamp set so that I could get two birds inside, stamped in Island Indigo ink.  The banner and sentiment are from the Itty Bitty Banners stamp set, paired with the Bitty Banners Framelits. It needed a punch of something so I punched a bit of Island Indigo DSP with the Scallop punch and added it to the Crumb Cake mat. To finish off the image, I added two tags from the Tiny Tags stamp set, punched with the Jewelry punch, added a bow tied with Early Espresso bakers twine and topped with a Crumb Cake candy dot.


To pretty up the inside, I stamped a row of birds in Primrose Petals and Island Indigo and added another sentiment in Soft Suede.


Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment