Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Ocean Theme Wedding

We have a friend who got married recently and chose a wedding theme.  She is originally from California and where we are in Virginia, isn't really close to a beach.  But it was beautifully done.  Just beachy enough for the idea, but still more of a semi formal event the way she wanted.  I wanted to create a card with the same ocean feel.  I have a whole Pinterest board dedicated to card inspirations and found the perfect color combo there.


I started with Crumb Cake card base that is 11 x 4 1/4 inches, scored at 5 1/2 inches, and background stamped in Crumb Cake with the Bella Toile stamp set, stamped off first for a more subtle look.   Then I dug through my scrap bin and found a piece of Whisper white that was 5 1/4 x 3 1/2 inches and created the background.  I've done the same technique with water color paper and an aqua brush, but I wanted to try with the Stampin' Up! markers.  I used Basic Grey, Midnight Muse, Island Indigo, Coastal Cabana and Pool Party.  I just colored across the paper with the wide end of the marker, slightly blending the colors together.  I stamped the sentiment from the Mr and Mrs stamp set with Versa Mark ink and heat embossed it with silver embossing powder, and cut it with the Apothecary Accents Framelit.  I added the butterflies cut and embossed with the Beautiful wings Embosslit for a bit of fun.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment