Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Kissing, the Stamping Kind

There are so many techniques around that it's sometimes hard to choose what to do next.  I looked at you tube, blogs, Pinterest, you know all the usual inspiration places.  What I decided to do was something I haven't tired my self, but seen done a bunch of times: kissing, the stamping kind of course.

The idea is to ink up a large stamp, like a background stamp, and then press an un-inked bold image stamp onto the inked stamp and stamp the newly inked, bold image stamp.  That made sense right :)  I wasn't exactly sure where I was going with this card, I just played around and this was born.





Ok, so I used the Bella Toile background stamp and some butterflies from the Precious butterfly stamp set.  I chose Wisteria Wonder for the card base because I hadn't used it it a while.  I wanted the butterflies to stand out, so I went a shade darker and used Perfect Plumb for the ink.  I inked up the Bella Toile stamp and pressed the Butterflies onto the stamp, then stamped them onto the card base.  I stamped off the remaining ink before touching the butterfly to the Bella Toile stamp again.  And, as it turns out, I created my own patterned paper, technique #2. 

To finish off the card, I added some butterflies punched with beautiful butterfly punch, small butterfly punch and the beautiful wings embosslit. The washi tape was just for fun. the sentiment is from Express Yourself, stamped in my favorite retired Lucky Limeade.

The inside looks like this:


Same butterfly stamps, inked in Calypso Coral, Wisteria Wonder, and Pool Party.
Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment