Monday, October 7, 2013

Fusion Card Challenge #19

In my blog hopping this past couple weeks, I stumbled upon The Fusion Card blog.  I liked the idea of two sides of the challenge, the sketch and the photo. 

 

I started with the sketch only, but decided to take the whole challenge and make a birthday card for my niece and go pink.


I started by turning the sketch sideways, for a little kick.  The card base is Smoky Slate cut to 4 1/4 x 11 inches, scored at 5 1/2 inches.  The pink paper is Melon Mambo cut 2 x 5 1/2 inches.  I decided to use some Designer Series Paper (DSP) for added texture and pinkness.  The Blushing Bride DSP is from the retired Beau Chateau pack.  I stamped the sentiment from Moving Forward onto Whisper White in Smoky Slate ink.  I needed to find a way to add some pink to the center square. I looked through my drawer and found my washi tapes. This washi tape is from the Gingham Garden collection.  The butterfly is from the Papillion Potpourri stamp set, stamped in Melon Mambo ink on some Blushing Bride DSP and punched with the coordinating butterfly punch.  The flags are Melon Mambo DSP and Blushing Bride card stock. The bling is Dazzling Details all over the butterfly.  


The cool thing that doesn't show up in the winds curled up and looked like they were fliting away.  The final touch was adding some butterflies and washi tape inside.


Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure your niece absolutely loved this Jennie! I love all the pink especially with the added touch of shimmer! Thank you so much for playing with us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete