Friday, October 11, 2013

Paper Candles

Another great thing about DSP, is how quickly you can put together a card.  Most of the time, when I'm ready to make a card, I choose a stamp set, some colors and then get to play.  For this card, I kind of knew what I wanted the end to be.  The card was for a friends son who is a teenager. The two hardest groups of people to make card for :)


The card base is Soft Suede cut to 4 1/4 x 11 inches, scored and folded to 5 1/2 inches.  I used the Stripes Embossing Folder for some texture in the background.  The candles are made from Sycamore Street DSP.  They were cut about 1/2 an inch wide, I didn't really measure, just cut the width that looked good.  



 For the flame, I used the Ornament punch from the Merry Mini's Punch Pack from the 2012 holiday cataloge. I punched it in Summer Starfruit, turned it upside down and added some gold stickles from my stash.  The banner sentiment is from Happiest Birthday Wishes, stamped in Island Indigo ink.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment