Thursday, October 31, 2013

Not Your Typical Halloween Card

One of my younger sisters was born, three weeks early, on Halloween.  After more than one Jack-O-Lantern birthday cake, I feel for her.  I wanted to make a birthday card that was in traditional colors without looking like a Halloween card.  
It is the perfect way to introduce my product for the month, embossing folders.  I began collection embossing folders long before I found Stampin' Up! and this is still one of my favorites.


I started with a base of Calypso Coral and added a piece of  I Am Me DSP that is very fitting for my sis. She's becoming quite the photographer.  I cut a piece of Smokey Slate down to 2 1/2 x 3 inches and embossed it with the Happy Birthday embossing folder from Provo Craft. To really make the embossing stand out, I sponged it with Smokey Slate ink, then I added a piece of So Saffron along the side punches with the retired Notebook punch.  To make sure it was a true birthday card, I got out the Cupcake Builder punch and went to town.  Pool Party DSP, Calypso Coral for the frosting and So Saffron for the sentiment from the coordinating stamp set. 



The inside was finished with a strip of washi tape and some candles from the Cupcake Builder stamp set, as well as the inside greeting   I added some yellow stickles to the candles inside and on the front.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment