Monday, October 14, 2013

Hello There

My Monday post is a bit late.  It seems like weekends are crazy around here lately.  I chose the dynamic duo challenge this week.  I like the idea of playing with colors I wouldn't have put together myself. 



This is my card for the challenge:


I wanted to try water coloring the background.  I'm kind of liking the idea of water coloring everything lately, I think. It's easy and adds  a WOW to the card.  The colors are obviously So Saffron and Calypso Coral.  The card base is 11 x 4 1/4 inches scored at 5 1/2 inches.  The DSP is from Everyday Enchantment, cut to 4 x 5 1/4 inches.  The water color paper is 3 x 4 inches.  I wrapped the water color panel with some old organza ribbon in Calypso Coral. It needed something.  The image is from Fabulous Flourishes and the Sentiment is from the retired Hello You stamp set. Both were stamped in Basic Grey. I didn't do anything to the inside because I don't have a immediate use for them, it was just a fun challenge.
Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment