Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Stamping In Motion

One of the cool things about really juicy stamp pads is the ability to use generation stamping to stamp motion.  That sounds kind of weird I know, you cannot actually stamp something in motion. But you can achieve the look!




When I make a card, I usually make two at a time.  One to give to the person I designe it for and one for my card drawer for future use or sale. I made this card for one of my nephews. The first time I made it, I stamped the frog jumping out of the basket, but I wanted to see what it would look like the other way around.
So I began with a card base in Gumball Green 5 1/2 x 11 inches, scored and folded at 4 1/4 inches.  The layer is from the Comfort Cafe DSP and cut 5 1/4 x 4 inches.  I think I cut and recut this layer three times because it looked crooked as I was adding the image layer. I've decided it was an optical illusion and just kept going.
The Whisper White layer is cut 4 3/4 x 3 1/2 inches.  I used the Many Marvelous Markers in Real Red, Midnight Muse, and Basic Black to color the stamp, and then re moistened the stamp with my hot air :) and stamped.  I used the Stamp a ma jig to line up the frog and them stamped him 4 times without re-inking in gumball ink.  Oh, the images and sentiment are from the Moving Forward stamp set, except the clouds. They are from Send Me Soaring, stamped in Soft Sky ink. The flag was a last minute thought. The card needed balance and more color.  I just grabbed something from my scrap bin.




I finished the card by adding more frogs to the inside.
Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment