Friday, October 25, 2013

Holiday Cards Have Begun

In the past I have mass produced one card to send out each holiday season.  This year, I'm going to try something different and produce on a smaller scale a few different cards.  The first one of the season, is the focus of my product Friday post on DSP (designer series paper).  Next Friday is a new month and I will move onto a different product that Stampin'  Up! sells.
The idea of the card is to let the DSP do the talking.  



I started with a card base in Cherry Cobbler that is 4 1/4 x 11 inches, folded in half at 5 1/2 inches.  The DSP, from the holiday stack in the holiday catalog from last year, is cut 1/4 inch smaller.  The Very Vanilla layer is 3 3/4 x 5 inches.  I think it should be even smaller for the DSP to have a greater effect.  First I punched the shape with the retired Christmas Ornament punch, then I embossed it with the Snow Flake embossing folder.  The sentiment come from More Merry Messages, which I love because it has outside and inside stamps. It's stamped in Soft Suede on Crumb Cake.   I wrapped the card with Cherry Cobbler bakers twine so the ornament wasn't just hanging there.  I sponged the card pieces with Crumb Cake for a more vintage look.  
Here's the inside:



The ornament looked like it needed a little something so on one card I added some basic Pearls. Sorry the photo is blurry.  My good camera is still on the fritz.


On another one I used Dazzling Details.


Not sure which one I like better.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment