Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Masking and Embossing

I've seen a lot of cards lately with sponging in shapes.  Every once in a while I have an idea that turns out just how I imagined it.  I need to start  getting some card sets together for holiday gifts, so  I used the Stampin' Up! note cards in Whisper White and Crumb Cake for this project. 


I started on the Whisper White, and masked off the note card front with a piece of paper that has a 2 1/2 inch circle cut out.  I used Basic Grey ink and a stampin' sponge around the edge and filled in the center with Island Indigo.  I like the look of shadow on night colors so I used Basic Black ink and stamped the flourish from the Fabulous Flourishes stamp set. And it looked cool.


Then I moved onto the crumb Cake cards.  I used the same mask and colors, but when I stamped the shadow image, I didn't like the dark as well, so I thought, embossing..... and the rest is history.  I used Versa mark ink and white embossing powder. And it looked so much cooler (is that a word).  So then I thought.... black embossing powder...I pulled out my stamp a ma jig, stamped the flourish on the imaging sheet, lined it up with the image on my cards and stamped it again in Versa mark ink. Then heat set the black embossing powder. Even better!

Thanks for looking!

















No comments:

Post a Comment