Wednesday, December 11, 2013

What a Week to Need a CAS

We has some winter weather this weekend that resulted in two snow days for my children.  Don't get me wrong, I love the no alarm thing, but my already crazy life descends quickly into chaos when my schedule is messed with. ;)

I didn't even realize that the post for today wasn't scheduled until this morning, when on day three of our winter weather, we had a delay for school, but at least the are learning again, right.

The technique I chose for today is CAS Clean And Simple.  The idea is that the card is one layer, or nearly one layer, not too many embellishments and lots of empty space.  It is one of the hardest techniques for me.  I hover around too little and too much.  I think I pulled it off in this card though and in the process created another type of card, the hybrid; both digital and traditional.



I used the All Holidays stamp set from MDS to create the fancy sentiment.  I love that you can re-size and color the stamps to fit your needs.  I positioned the stamp on the page where when it was printed, it would print far enough down that I could add some stamps later.

I used the Ornamental Keepsakes stamp set from the Holiday catalog last year to stamp the ornaments in Cherry Cobbler, Gumball Green, and Summer Starfruit.  I used the bird cage stand from the Aviary stamp set to make the "string".  I just don't draw straight enough without a ruler and there wasn't a ruler on my desk.  I added some bows in Early Espresso bakers twine. Oh and the wishing you is from a birthday stamp. I used my markers to ink only the words I wanted.  Cool hu.  I love the way you can use stamps outside their original design.


The inside was finished off with a sentiment from the More Merry Message stamp set in Gumball Green and some Season of Style washi tape in Cherry Cobbler.

Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment