Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Two for One day

The card I made today was made to show the 2 step stamping technique, and ended up being a two for one deal because I also made a patterned paper. 



The stamp set is the Evergreen set. It comes with a couple trees and the Silent Night words in tree shape.  I started with an oval I cut with the Oval framelits left over from another card.  I stamped the tree shape in always Artichoke and then stamped the words in Chocolate Chip.  I also inked the edges of the oval in Chocolate Chip ink.


The paterened paper was stamped with the Positivly Chevron background stamp in Always Artichoke on Very Vanilla.  It created a chevron paper in a color that I didn't have.


I rounded the corners on the pattern paper and added the oval and wrapped it with Cherry Cobbler bakers twine.  I added the whole thing to a card base in Cherry Cobbler, cut 4 1/4 x 11 inches, scored at 5 1/2 to be a top folding card.  The card front is embossed with the Snow Burst embossing folder.  I added Cherry Cobbler dazzling details for some shine.


The inside was matted with a piece of Whisper White and a message from More Merry Messages and some trees stamped in the corner.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment