Monday, December 30, 2013

Birthday's At Christmas Time

One of my sweeties was born on the 28th of December.  When I look back I wonder what I was thinking.  At the time, when I was offered an induction only 4 days over due, I was thinking YES! That wasn't over due for my kiddos and now I think, Really? four more days wouldn't have killed you.  

The poor kid gets all her good stuff once in the year.  I try to make her birthday cards not at all Christmas looking.  For her card this year I chose a challenge form Sketch Frenzy Friday.



Because she is a girl, her favorite color  changes regularly.  I decided to look through my stash and use something I haven't used in a while.



I pulled out a Provo Craft embossing folder called Hanging Lanterns, and embossed some Whisper White card stock that I later cut to 4 x 5 1/4 inches.  I found a Chinese lantern cut for my electronic cutter and cut three lanterns in Tempting Turquoise, Melon Mambo and Daffodil Delight.  I hung them across the front of the panel with Pool Party bakers twine.



I added the embossed panel to a Melon Mambo card base then added the sentiment form Itty Bitty Banners stamp set, cut with the matching framelit, in Tempting Turquoise ink.


For the inside I cut the number 10 in Daffodil Delight and hand wrote the sentiment.  I don't have great handwriting, and I write too fast, but it was what I wanted the card to say, and I don't have a stamp for that ;)  And for bling, I added some Dazzling Details to the die cuts.

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous birthday card! Love the chinese lanterns! And great colors, too! Thank for joining us at Sketch Frenzy Friday!

    ReplyDelete