Friday, December 27, 2013

Extreme Stamps, digital version

My nephews are starting to grow up. When I sat down to make some boy birthday cards this month, I realized I didn't have very many stamps for teenage boys.  The annual catalog had some call extreme snow boarding and skating that I didn't really look at too closely, but thank goodness, they also come in digital format for My Digital Studio.
I started by printing the digital Extreme Snow Boarding in black ink on Whisper White card stock.  Then, I collected all the turquoise blues that I have, Tempting Turquoise, Bermuda Bay, Island Indigo, & Coastal Cabana, and began sponging.  I discovered that I could not drag the ink across the printed image, because printer my ink smears. But that was easy to avoid for this card.


I made a top  folding card base from a 4 1/4 x 11 inch piece of Coastal Cabana card stock, scored and folded at 5 1/2 inch.  I like to score card stock before I fold it to prevent cracking at the fold.  I added a black layer to the printed and sponged digital image.  I found a retired hostess set with this sentiment and thought it was great for my nephew.  I layered the sentiment on Whisper White and Coastal Cabana punches with the Word Window and Designer Label punches.



The inside was a simple Happy Birthday.



Thanks for looking.





No comments:

Post a Comment