Friday, December 13, 2013

Deck the Halls

The digital stamp I used for today's card is from the Merry and Type set in MDS.  I placed a bunch of stamps I wanted to use this year on the "paper" and used the color option in MDS to color the words different colors.  




I used Cherry Cobbler, Gumball Green and Basic Grey to color the image. I made it larger than my origional plan, failure to measure twice on my part, so I trimmed it down and layered it on a piece of Cherry Cobbler card stock.


The card base is basic Grey, which is an unusual color for Christmas cards, but it worked.  I added a layer of DSP from Be of Good Cheer, retired, and some Cherry Cobbler seem binding ribbon. The bow went all wonky when I tucked the glue dot under to hold it in place, but oh well. It's cuter in real life.


The inside was finished off with a piece of Whisper White, stamped in Basic Grey with a sentiment from More Merry Messages.  I punched a strip of Cherry Cobbler with the Dotted Scallop punch and added it to the bottom for a lacy look.

Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment