Friday, December 20, 2013

Another Cute Christmas Digi Stamp

In my exploration of My Digital Studio (MDS) I found another digital stamp that I wanted to enlarge and color for a card.  I had the great idea to size it and cut it with one of the framelits from the Apothecary Accents set, but I didn't measure well and, it was, wel,l too big. So I just went with the flow and used it as a card front.

I found this sentiment in the Merry & Type digital stamp set.  I ended up cutting off some of the added detail while I was rethinking the card.  I used the color feature of MDS to color the works different colors, and chose Garden Green and Cherry Cobbler and Basic Grey.  I was unsure of The Basic Grey, but I love how it turned out.


After printing the stamp on some Whisper White card stock, I decided on a Basic Grey card base.  I cut it at 5 1/2 x 11 inches and scored it at 4 1/4 inches and made it a top folding card.  I added a layer of DSP from Be of Good Cheer,  cut 1/4 inch smaller than the base. I taped it flat down after I added some Cherry Cobbler seam binding ribbon. The bow totally went nuts while I was fiddling with it and I didn't notice until I was getting the photo ready for this blog post :)  I layered the digital stamp onto some Cherry Cobbler by taping the stamped image down and cutting around it.  I added dimensionals to the back and presto Christmas card ready for the mail.

I finished the inside with a Whisper White panel and some Cherry Cobbler punched with the Dotted Scallop punch. The sentiment is from the More Merry Messages stamp set.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment