Monday, December 23, 2013

I Challenged Myself

 I have some Designer Series Paper pages that I have kept because the art work is awesome and maybe more suited for scrap book pages.  But, I've had some of them for a few years and haven't scrapped them, my challenge to myself was to see if I could make a card out of those pages.  One of the pages was from the Christmas Post from three years ago, or more maybe even.  I liked the image of Santa on the stamp on the top of this sheet.  I cut it down to fit the front of a top fold, 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inch Cherry Cobbler card base.  Then the challenge became what now.

Next turned out to be banners.  I love how easy banners are to create and how much they add to the card.  I used some scraps of Christmas DSP from my scrap bucket and layered them together.  I wrapped the whole layer with Early Espresso bakers twine and for some shine, added a star punched from the SIlver Glimmer Paper with the small star punch from the Mini Holiday Punches.


The inside was a simple sentiment from the More Merry Message stamp set in Early Espresso ink.  I liked just the sentiment this time.


Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment