Wednesday, December 25, 2013

2 Step Stamping, Another Way

Let me start with MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!  I scheduled this post about a week ago, and it may or may not get viewed today. Today is one of my favorite days, CHRISTMAS! So enjoy, and have a great ans safe one.

Last week I posted as card I made with the Evergreen stamp set, that is a 2 step stamp set.  (Say the 5 times fast) :P 
This week I wanted to show you another way to use the same stamp set, still kind of using the 2 step stamping method.
I started with a piece of Whisper white that I sponged with Midnight Muse and Night of Navy on top and Old Olive on bottom.  I wanted a landscape kind of look.  I found that circular motions weren't the best and just went for rubbing the sponge straight across the card stock.  
When I was finshed and it looked like I wanted, more less, I got out my Always Artichoke and inked up the more solid looking tree and stamped it randomly, or as randomly as I can, going from front to back and back again, about three times before re inking the stamp. 


When I had enough trees for my taste, I inked up the Silent Night tree shape in Early Espresso and stamped it right in front. I trimmed and added the whole panel to an Always Artichoke, top folding, 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inch card base. And added some gold stickles to the star I stamped on top.


The inside was topped off with a panel of Whisper White with a sentiment from More Merry Messages and some trees on the bottom.


Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment