Monday, December 2, 2013

Birthday Bakery


My card today isn't a challenge card, although I'm sure I could find a blog challenge that it could fit in.  I needed a belated birthday card for a young lady I know who's birthday I remembered and then forgot.  I wanted it to be cute but not little girl cute.  I really liked how it turned out.
I started with a Crumb Cake card base cut 5 1/2 inches wide by 4 1/4 inches tall, but folded on top.  I used two different pieces of Domestic Goddess DSP to begin with and then went to town stamping and coloring.   I stamped the cake image from Birthday Bakery in StazOn black ink and chose some ink colors from the DSP.  I used Calypso Coral, Pool Party, So Saffron, Strawberry Slush and Baked Brown Sugar.  


I stamped the image on Whisper White and layered a piece of Calypso Coral punched with the Scallop Border Punch.  Then I found some scrap pieces of card stock in the same colors and pulled out my Cupcake Builder punch and stamp set.  It took a bit to lay out the cupcakes so the card stock didn't blend with the DSP and disappear.  The sentiment is from the Birthday bakery stamp set in Baked Brown Sugar on Whisper White with Pool Party candy Dots.  The cupcakes are topped with a little gold glitter glue for sparkle.



For the inside I simply stamped a sentiment from Happiest Birthday Wishes in Baked Brown Sugar, and later wrote her a little note. 

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment