Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Heat Embossed Christmas

My technique today isn't new or coming around again, but an old favorite that I often use when I need a bit of something to make a card pop.  Heat embossing is one of my favorite things, and made this Christmas card go from OK to Hey.  Just ask my hubby.   :) This is his favorite card I've made this year so far.


I started with a top folding card in Midnight Muse.  The image is taller than wide so it fits just right.  I stamped the Oh Holy Night sentiment image in VersaMark ink and added silver embossing powder, then heat set until it was shiny. I added the star image from the same stamp set to fill up the bottom of the card.


The front still looked a little empty, not in a clean and simple way, but a needs more way.  I pulled out the star punch from the Merry Mini's punch pack and punched and some silver Glimmer Paper and added a few.


For the inside I added a panel of Whisper White and stamped a greeting from the Merry Christmas Messages stamp set and blinged it up with a strip of the same silver Glimmer Paper on the bottom

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment