Friday, November 22, 2013

Chalk Board Birthday

It seems a little contrary to make a black birthday card, unless of course it's a big one of course. I have a friend who's birthday is this month and it's not quite a black card birthday, however, I say a card on Pinterest that captured my interest.  A black not over the hill birthday card? Could it be redone? Yes it can!

A Basic Black card base, cut and scored to fold at the top, layered with a Whisper White layer, topped with more Basic Black.  Now because I'm kind of a paper hoarder, yes its true, I die cut the shape with the Deco Labels Framelits out of the layers before I added them to the card. Yeah for saving paper!

In order to add some interest to the Basic Black layer, I embossed it with the Chevron embossing folder. 


 The Chevron banner flag is made by stamping the Positively Chevron background stamp on Whisper White with StazOn ink for that completely crisp look.  The sentiment is from word Play, stamped in Whisper White on the Basic Black label I die cut earlier.


For the inside, I repeated the chevron theme with the Tape It stamp set and StazOn black ink and a birthday sentiment from Happiest Birthday Wishes.

Thanks for looking!

measurements: card base 4.25 inches wide, 5.5 inches tall
                          Whisper White layer 4 x 5.25 inches
                           Basic Black layer   3.75 x 5 inches

No comments:

Post a Comment