Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Direct to Paper


I haven't tried this technique before this card, and I just went with it.  I didn't like it as the pieces were being created, but followed the idea that until it's all put together, don't judge.  It went together well, but I might try again with different colors and see how it goes.



The card base is Soft Suede, I seem to be using that more and more often.  The layer is from the retired Well Worn DSP.  It had the colors I was using, except for the Pumpkin Pie.  I started with a piece of Whisper White and just drug the ink pads across it.  I would recommend making sure your ink pads are well inked.  The colors are Pacific Point, Pumpkin Pie and Real Red. I added the happy birthday from the Happiest Birthday Wishes, stamped in basic Black ink.  I used the same colors with the Pennant Parade stamp set and Punch set.  I found some embroidery thread in my stash that closely matched the Pumpkin Pie to use as the banner string.  


For the inside, I added a Whisper White layer and a sentiment from the same stamp set stamped in Soft Suede. 

Thanks for looking!



No comments:

Post a Comment