Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Sunburst No. 2

Last month I posted a Wednesday technique called the Sunburst with patterned paper.  I found a Stampin' Up! video show casing anther way to get a similar effect.  I didn't  spray the color onto my card, like in the video, but sponged it instead.



I was a bit worried at first, because I wasn't sure I was making the mask correctly.  So I watched the video again and again and paused it while I made the mask.


The card base is Basic Grey and the ink colors I used are Melon Mambo, So Saffron and Baja Breeze.  I used a piece of a stamping sponge and circular motions starting on the mask and going onto the Whisper White card layer.  The blending went better than I thought it might. Over all I was pretty impressed with how it turned out.
The monster is from the retired Greeting Earthling stamp set, that I love.  I colored it with the So Saffron and Melon Mambo markers with jerky motions trying to get some fur like detail.  I mounted the monster to a piece of Baja Breeze and added googlie eyes. The greeting was a combination of two stamps and some careful use of a stamp-a-ma-jig and painters tape.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment