Monday, November 25, 2013

Polka Dot Birthday

I found a new challenge this week at Pals Paper Arts and the sketch challenge is perfect for my nephew's birthday card.   He's getting older, not quite a teenager and that is such a hard age group.  Especially since  I haven't dealt with boys that age yet.  




I've bee messing with the photo and cannot figure out what is going on, but here is my take on their sketch.  I started with an Early Espresso card base and added some retired DSP, Just Add Cake.  It has some repetitive circle patterns that I thought would work well for a masculine card.  I cut a layer at 5.25 x 4 inches, and cut it about 2 .75 inches, and flipped one side over.  One of the things I love about the DSP from Stampin' Up! is both sides work well together.  The two pieces on the right side are from the same paper collection cut 1 x 3.5 inches, I think. I forgot to measure.  For the sentiment banner I used the Happiest Birthday stamp set and Early Espresso ink on Whisper White.  
The circles are punched with the 3/4 inch, 1/3 inch and bitty punch pack circles, attached with glue dots.


The inside is another sentiment from the Happiest Birthday wishes set and some banners and circles to mimic the front.

Thanks for looking!



2 comments:

  1. Great mix of pattern and color! Thanks for joining us at PPA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card! And I love the seamless transition between the front and inside panel! Thanks for playing over at Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete