Wednesday, November 20, 2013

There's a reason it's called "fussy cutting"!

Fussy cutting is not my favorite technique. In fact I have gone to great lengths to avoid it. :) BUT for my brother in law's birthday card, it was what jumped out at me.  He is among other things, great with tools of all kinds.  So for his birthday I new the Tool Shed background stamp was the way to go.  


I started with Baked Brown Sugar card stock cut and scored to folded at the top for a 4.25 x 5.5 inch card.  I cut a piece of Very Vanilla 1/4 of an inch shorter and stamped the background stamp in Baked Brown Sugar ink.  I stamped the stamp twice, once for background and once for the images to fussy cut. The sentiment is from Engraved Wished, I love it for masculine cards especially.  I stamped it in Baked Brown Sugar on Very Vanilla, again, and layered it on a piece of Midnight Muse, punched with the Notebook punch.  

Then came the cutting. I cut around each of the tools in the background stamp.  


 

This was not as horrible as I was expecting, given the size and shapes of the tools.  It didn't take as long as I thought it would either.  I added a couple tools to the front of the card to finish it off and then moved onto the inside.


One more tool and a Happy Birthday sentiment from Look who's turning and it's a wrap.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment