Monday, July 1, 2013

Stamping in the middle

I watched a video recently on Stampingimperfection's you tube channel called "stamp in the middle". It's a technique that allows your sentiment to be the focal point of your card front. What a great idea! There are so many word art and subway art sentiments that I had to try it.



I pulled out my color coach. (A very cool tool from Stampin' Up!) and chose a color combination that I hadn't tried before.

The card base is 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 Summer Starfruit
The layer is  4 x 5 1/4 Marina Mist embossed with the Framed Tulips embossing folder
The imaged is stamped on Whisper White 3 x 4 1/4 in Summer Starfruit and Marina Mist

I stamped the sentiment from Word Play in the middle toward the top in Marina Mist.  Then I used my stamp and write marker in Marina Mist and a ruler to draw lines across the top and bottom.  Using post it notes, i masked off the line and sentiment and stamped the flourish in Summer Starfruit. The Real Red butterflies were punched with the Beautiful Wings embosslit.

No comments:

Post a Comment