Monday, July 22, 2013

Thinking of you

We often need sympathy or thinking of you cards, and they are some of the hardest to make, because they are unexpected.  I try to have a few on hand, so that when a friend is having a hard time, I can add a few personal touches and message and get it in the mail.  I also usually make these cards two at a time just to keep  my stash from running low. 



The card base is 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 inches in Very Vanilla . I layered a piece of retired DSP (Domestic goddess) cut at 5 1/4 by 3 inches. There is a small line of Pool Party in the DSP, so I added Pool Party ruffled ribbon. I stamped the Triple Treat Flower in Pool Party and So Saffron on Very Vanilla, added dimensionals and a Basic Grey courdery brad from my stash. I punched the flowers out with the Fancy Flower and 5 Petal Flower punches.  Last but not least, the top was rather emmpty so I added some butterflies from the Beautiful Wings embosslit in the same DSP, using the reverse side. The semtiment is from The Word Play stamp set in Pool Party ink. I used my marker to ink up half the semtament for the front and half for the inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment