Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Chalk Board Technique

I normally don't use pigment ink. I am impatient and it takes too long to dry. When I've got my craft groove on, I don't like to be slowed down by silly things like ink drying :) That being said I am in love with the Chalk Board Technique. It makes very pretty cards but can also be used in masculine cards like this one:



The Idea is to make the card front look like a chalk board using white ink or embossing powder on black paper.  I prefer to use the Whisper White craft ink. I like the almost erased look the craft ink gives. It is a longer drying time than other Stampin' Up! inks, but the result is worth it.

I used the Sale-a-bration set Feeling Sentimental in Whisper White ink on Basic Black card stock. Layered it with Always Artichoke DSP and put it all on a Cajun Craze card base.


No comments:

Post a Comment