Friday, August 23, 2013

Pink Flamingos

Flamingos are cute.  I know they are kind of smelly and are probably cuter in drawing than real life but they make cute kid cards.  One of the 1st stamp sets I bought when I found Stampin' Up! was the Look Who's Turning set.  I've used it a lot this month.



It began with a Smoky Slate card base and Island Indigo layer. I have an Embossing Folder from before my Stampin' Up! days that I love so I used it here on a card made for a niece I love. I stamped the Flamingo in Mellon Mambo and Island Indigo, using the stamp a ma jig to get the party hat just right.  Then I punched it out with the Modern Label punch and layered it on some Domestic Goddess DSP.  Add some Melon Mambo dotted ribbon and a Basic Grey button and a sentiment flag and it's ready to mail to my cutie pie niece. Oh, and the google eyes and Dazzling Details are the icing on the cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment