Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Masculine birthday cards are hard

I create mental blocks when it's time to create cards for the men in my family.  Boys aren't to bad, teenagers and men are another story entirely.  I think it might be all in my head sometimes and the situation gets even cloudier after I have been looking at Pinterest and other blogs. I love banners and use them often. Such a small thing with a big effect. I wondered what would happen if the card was a banner.




I started with a Crumb Cake card base them found a piece of left over DSP from last years holiday paper stack.  Island Indigo is one of my favorites so that became the banner.  I used Marina Mist and the Apothecary accents framelits for the layer and the Modern Label punch for the sentiment from the Birthday Bash stamp set.  And to top it off Candy Dots! My new favorite accessory! The look of brads with out the bulk.  Great for mailing!

No comments:

Post a Comment