Friday, August 16, 2013

Block Stamping

Sorry up front;  this is a photo heavy post. I have seen this technique around Pinterest and blogs that I follow.  I'm not sure what the real name is so I'm calling it "block stamping".  The idea is to place your clear mount block directly into the ink, spray it with water or alcohol,  and, using it as a stamp, stamp your paper. I thought since I was doing it, I'd try Whisper White card stock and water color paper at the same time.



This is the 1st step. I used Crisp Cantaloupe, Strawberry Slush, and Coastal Cabana. The left as you look at it is water color paper, the Whisper White.


 After it dried, which wasn't long because I used alcohol, I stamped the image from Simply Soft in Smoky Slate. 

These are the finished products, the top is water color paper, the bottom, Whisper White.



 The card base in Smoky Slate. I wrapped the panel with Pool Party bakers twine.
Thanks for watching!

cardstock: Smoky Slate, whisper White, water color paper
ink:             Coastal Cabana, Strawberry Slush, Pistachio Pudding, Smoky Slate
stamps:     Simply Soft, Tiny Tags
tools:          Clear mount block, Pool Party bakers twine, Tiny Tag Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment