Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Emboss Resist

Emboss resist is not a new technique, or even newly resurfacing.  But it is a technique that packs a punch.  I decided to try this technique with black embossing powder instead of the more traditional white or clear.



My color choices came from a color inspiration I found on Pinterest.  I used Basic Grey for the card base and Daffodil Delight for the layer.  The image from the Postage Due stamp set was stamped with Versa Mark ink and heat embossed with black embossing powder.  Black powder is really sticky, if that is the right word, so be sure to use your Embossing Buddy before you stamp.  After the image was heat set, I sponged the panel with three of the colors from the inspiration post; Midnight Muse, Tangerine Tango, and Daffodil Delight.  I stamped the stamps in the same colors and backed them with Midnight Muse card stock punched with the Stamp Punch.  I stamped the greeting from Happiest Birthday Wishes with Midnight Muse ink on Daffodil Delight and curled it up a bit with my bone folder.  All in all I think it turned out pretty well.

Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment