Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Masking and Stamping

I've seen quite a few blog posts and videos that include some king of masking but I haven't really tried the technique.  I needed a card for a wedding this past weekend and was stuck.  I decided to try the masking and stamping idea.


I started with Early Espresso cut at 5 1/2 and scored at 4 1/4 inches.  I added a layer of Primerose Petals card stock cut to 5 1/4 x 4 inches.  I stamped with Early Espresso on Whisper White the En Francois stamp.  The masked area was mace by cutting some copy paper with the Apothecary Accents framelits, and adhering it with temporary adhesive.  Then I used the image from Simply Soft and stamped it with Versa mark ink, and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  Before removing the mask, I grabbed a sponge and added the Primerose Petal ink, wiping off the embossed area to remove the ink.  The banner is made from Early Espresso and Whisper White stamped with Early Espresso with the stamps from the Love & Laughter stamp set.  The candy dots add just a little to finish it off.
When I do this again I think I will try a lighter ink for the script and white embossing powder to see the difference.

Thanks for looking! 

No comments:

Post a Comment