Friday, September 13, 2013

A Little Bit of Fall

I noticed when I made the list of cards I would need for this month that September has as many anniversaries, and weddings this year, as it does birthdays.  I guess in a large family that is bound to happen.  If you view my blog with any regularity  (and I hope you do :)  ) you will notice that I've been playing with blog challenges a lot lately.  
There are two reasons for this: the first is I really like it.  I enjoy seeing what I can create with "rules".  I also like seeing how far I can bend the "rules" or some days how closely I can keep to the "rules".
The second reason is that with school starting, my little guys need me more than during the summer when all my big helpers are home and (usually) happy to help with the younger ones.  I want to keep my creating going.  It is like yoga to me, except that I often feel more stiff when I'm done than when I began.  :)
With that rather long introduction.....my card today is a challenge.  Surprised? Create with Connie and Mary fall sketch 2

CCMCFALL13-02

 My card looks like....


I started with a Soft Sued card base cut and folded to be 4.25 x 5.5 inches. then I added a piece of old Sale A Brations DSP that I didn't even measure.  I was cut from another project and fit.  I punched flowers with the Blossom punch in Calypso Coral, Pool Party and some more of the same DSP and used a brad form the same year Sale A Bration.  The banners are made from Calypso Coral, Soft Sued and Very Vanilla.  The Calypso Coral is punched with the Scalloped Trim border punch.  I sponged everything with Soft Suede to coordinate with the distressing of the DSP.  I realized when I was done that the only stamping I had done on this card was the sentiment, with the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set.  

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment