Friday, September 20, 2013

One of My Favorite Techniques

The SUO challenge was really a challenge this time.  The idea is to use your favorite technique.  I have a different favorite every day.  I decided that the one thing I have a hard time with is naked card stock.  Unless I am intentionally making clean and simple, one layer cards, I need to do something to the card base.  Very often I use Versamark or same tone ink to put just a little something there.



I decided to see if I could use all In Colors for this project.  Nothing like adding to the challenge right. I used Baked Brown Sugar for the card base and stamped an image from the Posy Punch stamp set in the same color ink, stamping off first to make it even lighter.  I added two panels. One Coastal Cabana layered with some Prints Poetry DSP, and the second still Coastal Cabana with the focal image.  For the focal image I pulled out the Happiest Birthday stamp set and used a few of the sentiment stamps.  I added them all to the stamp block at the same time, and colored them with markers in Strawberry Slush, Coastal Cabana, Pistachio Pudding, Crisp cantaloupe, Raspberry Ripple and Summer Starfruit.  Everything was lightly sponged in Baked Brown Sugar. And Raspberry Ripple stitched ribbon to top it off.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment