Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Back to school

I cannot believe I am posting cards for my elementary school age children's new teachers!  I seriously just posted graduation cards.  For these card I used the SUO Challenges challenge Ribbons and Bows.  The only problem I ran in to was that we have a male teacher this year and I don't think of masculine and bows in the same card.  




I stared with a Night of Navy card base because blue is one of our school colors.  I cut a piece of whisper white and sponged it with Soft Sky using a sponge dauber.  I stamped the clouds in Smoky slate and free hand cut the grass in Pear Pizzazz.  I sponged the edges of the grass as well.  I stamped the outline of the kites in Night of Navy and stamped the designs in Marina Mist and Cherry Cobbler. The kite strings are in Night of Navy and the tails are Whisper White stitched ribbon with Cherry Cobbler bakers twine bows.  For our male teacher, I tied knots instead of bows.

Thanks for watching!

Stamp sets:     Send Me Soaring and Itty Bitty Banners with matching Framelits

No comments:

Post a Comment