Monday, March 3, 2014

Better Late Than Never

I caught a bug that kept me down for a few days, and you know what happens then.  Once you're behind a day, it takes a while to catch up again.  But here I am, ready to show you what I've created the last few days.  
Valentine's Day has come and gone, but I wanted to post some of the cards I made anyway.  Ever since I got the Cannery framelits I've wanted to fill that jar with anything and everything :)  One of the things I wanted to do was make a jar of hearts for Valentine's Day, there is a song about that and it is not a happy song, so I wondered if it would be a good idea.  But I did it anyway.  And I love how it turned out.


The card base was picked to coordinate with the paper stack I found at Michaels.  It's a Recolections 12 x 12 pad, and I loved it the minute I saw it.  So I picked a Smokey Slate card base and went from there.  The jar is stamped with Stazon ink on window sheet and die cut with the mathing framelit. I also cut a piece of white cardstock to put behind the window sheet.  
I used the small heart punch to punch out a bunch of hearts for the inside of the jar.  I glued the hearts to the white die cut keeping them inside the stamped image the best I could.  
I die cut the lid for the jar as well and wrapped the twine around it and added a tag from the Tiny Tags stamp and punch set. I mounted the whole jar on a die cut from the Labels framelits to show it off better.


The inside is stamped with a sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes and I added some more hearts to the bottom.  And I used some glossy accents to make the hearts 3 ish.

I love how they turned out, even with the air bubbles I missed. 

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment