Monday, March 10, 2014

Playing With Stencils, Again

I am really loving embossing paste! It gives great texture and interest and that's great for masculine cards that I always try to bling up.  The card today is one that I started with one idea and ended with another card idea entirely.  



So I started with a half a sheet of white cardstock, Neenah 110 lb.  I found this cool stencil at my local scrap book store. It's mini gears from crafter's studio.  I taped the cardstock to my craft mat and taped the stencil over that and layered embossing paste onto the cardstock.  I didn't try to make it smooth and left a thick layer of embossing paste.  Then I let it dry over night.

 
After it was dry, I choose some colors and sponged the ink on top of the embossing paste and got an emboss resist effect.  I choose Night of Navy, Bermuda Bay, and Crushed Curry.  


The photo is really shiny because the embossing paste I used is the Dream Weavers Glossy White.  I added some washi tape to the front of the card and a sentiment from Stampin Up, cut with a matching framelit, and a cool wood veneer from Studio Calico.  The card base is Cajun Craze from Stampin' Up.


This is a close up of the veneer bike.  I love wood veneers! They are rapidly becoming a favorite embellishment.  

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment