Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Happy Birthday Dad


I found an old sketch that I thought would make a great card for my Dad's birthday.  I also took some inspiration from the pattern paper I chose from the My Mind's Eye, cut and paste Charm 6x6 pad.  I really love the patterns and colors in this paper. 
I started with a card base of Crushed Curry from Stampin' Up.  The pattern paper is more muted though, so I tried something new for me.  I just recently bought a craft mat for my table and decided to get it dirty.  I took the Crushed Curry ink pad and smeared it on the craft pad and laid the card front right in the ink.  I love the texture it created.  The results were so cool that I used it again on the Smoky Slate piece as well.


I cut some 1 inch pieces of three different pieces of pattern paper, and adhered them to the card base.  I layered the grey mat next and then worked on the focal piece.  I got the image stamp from the Happiest Birthday stamp set from Stampin Up. I used markers to color the letters, pulling the colors off the patter paper.  I used, Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze, Bermuda Bay, and Smoky Slate. I felt it needed something still so I layered it on a piece of Cajun Craze.  The twine is some I found in a dollar bin at Target at Christmas time and the candy dots on the left are from Stampin Up.


The inside is a simple layer of white smeared with some Smokey Slate ink and a sentiment of two stamps stacked, stamped in Bermuda Bay ink.


Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment