Friday, January 22, 2016

Snow Day Play

I've been making cards for my huge extended family as usual, and for the last part of last year, for craft fairs.  Unfortunately, I wasn't blogging much.  One of my goals for this new year is to blog more often and expand my audience.  So now I needed some direction
For that I went to the My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge. here's the sketch.

And here is my take on the sketch:


I used the MFT stamp Penguins in Paradise stamp and die sets.  I colored the images with copic markers and decided to create a shaker card.  
Oh my headache.  I used SUPER small seed beads and they kept falling out of the card.  I was ready to throw the whole thing away.   Then I remembered that I had bought myself the We Are Memory Keepers Fuse Tool Duh.

I made a pocket from a page protector and gathered up all the spilled seed beads and fused it shut.  And, it worked!
I made the frame with Law Fawn's Stitched rectangle dies and then went to work on the background. 
I used pattern paper from my stash and the My Favorite Things Stitched Snow Drift Dies to make the beach scene. I inked the edges of everything for a little depth.
The sentiment is from My Favorite Things Merry Messages stamp set.

Now I have something warm to look at during our blizzard this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment