Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Another Snow Day Another Card Sketch

I was looking through some sketch challenge blogs today and came across the current sketch from CAS(E) this Sketch.


I needed a card for a niece's birthday and this was just the thing.  I have a hard time with single layer cards in the past because I never felt like the card base was sturdy enough.  I heard about a 110 pound card stock from youtube video.  I wish I could remember who but I love this card stock.  Its from Michaels and it's great for those single layer card bases.

Image result for recollections cardstock 110 lb

I bought a ream of black to use for card boxes too.   Any way, I wanted to use balloons but I don't have a balloon stamp set. :O I cannot believe it.  That's on my list for sure now.  I did have the Wplus9 unforgettable stamp set and it has a balloon. 

Image result for wplus9 unforgettable stamp set

I taped off the sentiment area with 1 inch post it tape and traced it with a S Pitt Artist Pen then stamped the balloon image over the tape line.  The cool thing about clear stamps is that they are easy to manipulate.  I fussed with the balloon string so that they didn't all look the same.  I needed to make a mask to add some layers and depth so I just stamped the balloon on the sticky end of a post it and trimmed around the image.


I colored the balloons with Prisma Colored Pencils and Gamsol.  I added some stars from the stamp set to round out the card front.  

1 comment: