Friday, February 20, 2015

Loving My Mama Elephant Stamps

I've been spending my time this week sewing a dress insert for my daughters dance, and of course, because of the weather we've been having, the dance is postponed.  I think I might need to improve my sewing skills if I'm going to stay sane in these projects.

Today, after I cleaned up the sewing mess,  I decided to relax and play in my craft room.  I made valentines for my kiddos last week and that got me excited again about the Mama Elephant stamps I have collected.  

 The one in the middle is the valentine.  The other two are the product of hiding in my cleanish craft room.  




I wanted a look of a sun set sky, so I used some yellow, orange, blue, and purple inks and a inking tool to add color to a piece of card stock.  I colored the super hero, from Mama Elephant's Tiny Hero's set with Copic markers. I fussy cut her out because I don't own the dies, yet.   The shape behind her, is a die cut I cut with my Cricut.  I stamped some extra stars and the sentiment and embossed them with gold embossing powder.  The sky line is a cut from the same Cricut cartridge.



This is one of the valentine's I made for my kiddos.  I used the same stamp set to make cards for teachers and the bus driver.   Have I mentioned that I think these are the cutest and the sentiments are awesome!



I don't own circle dies because I have a Cricut.  So I made this card background with my Cricut.  I stamped a background stamp over it roughly.  I didn't want it to look too perfect.  I think I should have used a pattern paper instead maybe.  The stamps are from Mama Elephant's Thinking of You stamp set.  I think if I'm going to make many round shaker cards, I might need to invest in circle dies though. Foam paper would have been way easier than foam tape to get around the circles! ;) I added some sequins, beads and stars from my stash to the shaker windows.


I'm in love with these stamp sets!


No comments:

Post a Comment