Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Is It Summer Yet?

Today the sun is shining. And while it might be short lived, I thought I would celebrate it today.  The Simon Says Stamp blog has a couple of regular challenges and the Work It Wednesday challenge goes right with that celebration.

 The theme is sunshine, and while I don't love the heat, (blame that on living in Southern Nevada as a kid) we've had a record number of rainy days in a row.  And while it isn't supposed to last, I'm going to pretend I don't know that and craft on.

When I saw the theme, I first thought of ink blending and my Time Holtz Rays stencil. 


So I went looking through my ever growing stash of stamps and found this cutie CCDesigns stamp.


I stamped the image and a mask and the put a layer of yellow ink down 2/3 of the card front.  I taped the stencil in place and added layers of ink in varing shades of yellows and a light orange.  I added some greenish blue to the bottom and then decided to pull out my prisma colored pencils.

I did't think to write down the colors I used, I just dumped out my (small) collection and picked up what I thought would work.  In the end I had a really cute card.  I added a sentiment from Simon Says Stamp's Color and Sunshine stamp set.


I left the sentiment pretty universal so I can use it for anything.


And there she is.  Isn't she the cutest little stamp!  

No comments:

Post a Comment