Wednesday, February 12, 2014

I'm Really Loving Embossing Paste

I really loved playing with embossing paste the first time so I stepped it up a notch and added embossing powder to the wet paste.  And WOW it's so cool!  



My niece's favorite colors are turquoise, lime green and pink.  I found just the right paper in my stash.  It's an old American Crafts pack I bought off a clearance rack years ago.  I love the arrows and the colors were just right.  The highlight of the card is the image, though.
I used the Ranger/ Claudine Hellmuth Paris Holiday stencil and some Dream Weaver glossy white embossing paste created this image.  I taped off the other images on the stencil because I only wanted the Eiffel tower this time.  As soon as I got the embossing paste spread over the stencil, I covered it with silver embossing powder from Stampin' Up! and then let it dry while I washed off the stencil.  
After it was dry, I heat embossed the powder and got the coolest feeling texture.  Kind of like metal on paper.  
The shape was created with the Adorning Accents Edgelits from Stampin' Up!  I used the rounded edge on both sides to create a background around the embossed image.  The banner was cut with one of the Bitty Banners dies and I hand wrote the sentiment.  
Because I wrote a note to my niece before I remembered to take the photo, I don't have one of the inside. But it was just as cool as the front.

Thanks for looking! 

No comments:

Post a Comment