Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Take your spin

One of the things I have found I use often lately in My Digital Studio it the ability to color a "stamped" image different colors, as if you had used markers.  
A couple years ago, at the end of a catalog year for Stampin' Up! I bought the digital version of the Take a Spin stamp set and the spinner hands that coordinated with it. 

  

And until now I had never used it.  I found quite a few things last year as I was unpacking my craft room, after we moved, that I hadn't used yet.   I think it's time to do something about that!

This is the card  I made using this digital stamp set and accessories.



I started with the card base.  A regular piece of 8.5 x 11 inch card stock, cut in half on the short side, folded and scored at 4.25 inches for a 4.25 x 5.5 inch card; the standard A2 size card.  I ran the front of the card base through my Cuttlebug with an embossing folder for some dimension and texture.


I chose four colors and digital colored the image and printed it with my home computer on white card stock.  I cut it down and mounted it on another piece of card stock.  I hand colored some of the more open images, like the cake and gift and hat, to help it looked finished.

I added the spinner hands and then blinged it up.   I put gold stickles on the star, diamond stickles on the cake frosting, glossy accents on the gift and birthday hat.  I hope you can see all that in the photo.  


The inside is another stamp set I hadn't used yet.  I colored it in the same colors as the front and mounted it inside the card.  

Thanks for looking!

Products:
card stock:          Island Indigo, Calypso Coral, Whisper White, Lucky Limeade (retired),                                      Wisteria Wonder, and Pool Party--Stampin' Up!
Ink:                     Island Indigo, Calypso Coral, Luck Limeade(retired), Wisteria Wonder and                               Pool Party--Stampin Up!
Tools:                Cuttlebug--Provo Craft
                          Divine Swirls embossing folder-- Provo Craft
Embellishments: Spinner Hands--Stampin' Up!
                          Stickles--Ranger  

No comments:

Post a Comment