Friday, January 3, 2014

New Year and Some Changes

As is tradition with the ringing in of a new year, I have made some decisions that will require changes to my crafting habits.  My blog will continue, and eventually reflect those changes, but I until then, my posts will be a bit more random.

I needed a birthday card for my nephew.  He's not a tween or teen yet, but he's also not a baby.  I looked through my stash and photos and found one I made this last year for a girl that could easily be made masculine.

I started with a blue card base and added a white layer that has been embossed with the Happy Birthday embossing folder.  I added some squares of pattern paper that I punched and cut at 1 1/4, 1 and 3/4 inches.  To group them together and make them easier to handle, I added a strip of printer paper to the back.  Then I wrapped a piece of brown ribbon over the front of the gift boxes, and added a smaller piece on top folded in a V shape.  I didn't want a bow for a boy card :)  I stamped the sentiment on a scrap of white card stock and punched it out and added some bakers twine to "tie" it on.  I actually stuck it on with a glue dot. 

I used liquid glue to adhere the white panel to the card base and tape runner to stick the gift boxes to the embossed panel. 


For the inside, I stamped a simple sentiment and didn't fussy it up to much.  


Thanks for looking!

Products:
Card stock:               Midnight Muse, Whisper White, DSP--Stampin' Up! 
Ribbon:                    Chocolate Chip, Early Espresso bakers twine--Stampin' Up!
Ink:                           Midnight Muse--Stampin' Up!
Embossing Folder:   Happy Birthday--Provo Craft
Punches:                  1 1/4, 1, inch square, jewelry tag--Stampin' Up!
Stamps:                    Happiest Birthday Wishes, Tiny Tags--Stampin' Up! 
adhesives:                Tombo Mono liquid glue, glue dots, ATG tape gun


No comments:

Post a Comment