Friday, January 24, 2014

New Baby, New Year

The challenge ate Addicted to CAS went along perfectly with a card I needed this week.  One of my children's teacher's wife is getting ready to have a baby, and the challenge is NEW.

I have wanted for a long time to try my hand at a negative space card.  My daughter wanted a card that was a baby card, not a cute card with a baby sentiment.  I pulled out my Cricut machine and played around with size and spacing and ended up with this.


I cut an elephant at about 2 inches in a 4 x 5 1/2 inch piece of white card stock.  I think next time I'll leave the card stock in one piece and trim it down later.  It may make placement a little easier.  I added the pattern paper to the card front and placed the panel with the cut out on dimensionals.  The card base is white and I left the inside blank so my daughter could write a note to her teacher.  The sentiment was added in brown ink, just a simple congrats!

Thanks for looking.

Products:          
Card Stock:           White--Georgia Pacific, pattern paper--This and That Epic Day--Stampin'                                Up!
Ink:                        Chocolate Chip--Stampin' Up!
Tools:                    Cricut Machine, Sugar and Spice Cartridge


Challenges:

2 comments:

  1. Really cute little elephant card! Thanks for joining us at ATCAS. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your striped elephants and the fact that you cut out the image on the top layer. So glad you joined us ATCAS this week
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete