Friday, January 17, 2014

Getting It All In

Warning!!! Photo heavy post! Warning!

For this card, there were 4 things I wanted to use.  That is a lot when they are specific things not just general, at least for me. 

 I wanted a banner. Check.

I wanted to add the sentiment sticking out from behind on this punch. Check.


I wanted to use the World Map background stamp from Stampin' Up! Check.


And I wanted this image from the Celebrate stamp set from Stampin' Up!


The finished card looks like this.


I started with a Crumb Cake card base cut to be a top fold.  I chose the designer  series paper(DSP) next, Well Worn from Stampin' Up! The card stock colors came from the DSP.  The first layer is Nearly Navy (retired) from Stampin' Up! and I used the same color ink to stamp the background stamp for a tone on tone look.The image was stamped in Early Espresso on Very Vanilla and backed with Early Espresso card stock. I didn't really measure. I just stamped and cut and layered and trimmed.  I punched the sentiment piece in Cajun Craze with the Modern Label punch and stamped Happy Birthday in Early Espresso and adhered it to the back of the image panel.  I punched the banner with the Banner Builder punch (retired) from Stampin' Up! in Cajun Craze and the DSP.  The banner is stuck down with dimensionals and the little bows are just some bead cord I had laying on my desk.  Probably from the baby getting into things again, :)


The inside is a simple Very Vanilla panel with a banner stamped in Crumb Cake ink, stamped off so it can be written over and an added sentiment stamped in Nearly Navy ink.

Thanks for looking.

Products:
card stock:         Crumb Cake, Nearly Navy, Cajun Craze, Early Espresso--Stampin' Up!
paper:                Well Worn DSP--Stampin' Up!
ink:                     Nearly Navy, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake-Stampin' Up!
Stamps:              World Map, Celebrate, Banner Builder--Stampin' Up!
tools:                  Banner Builder Punch, tape runner, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment