Monday, January 6, 2014

Better Late Than Never


Well today snuck up and ran away without me really noticing. And now it's late and I haven't posted today.  Lucky for me, I have a huge family and usually have a card or two ready to blog.

For my nephew's birthday he had a Monster's Ink birthday so a monster birthday card was in order.  I started with a blue card base, of course, and stamped some monsters in same tone ink for background. 


 I made my own chevron paper with a background stamp and ink.  Then I stamped and colored the monster.  I cut him out with a framelit.  This framelit did not come in a set, so I traced the outside edge and cut it out to mat it behind the monster image.
I added that to the chevron paper and mounted that on a yellow piece of paper.  
Add the yellow layer to the blue base and add a banner, and it's all good.  Oh, don't forget the googly eyes! I love them. they add so much!


For the inside I added a white panel and a simple sentiment, some monsters along the bottom, and it was ready for the mail.


Thanks for looking!

Supplies:
card stock:         Pacific Point, Daffodil Delight, Lucky Limeade, Whisper White--Stampin' Up!
Ink:                    Daffodil Delight, Pacific Point, Lucky Limeade--Stampin' Up!
Tools:                 Apothecary Accents Framelits--Stampin' Up!
                         Googly eyes--anywhere
Stamps:             Greetings Earthling, Positively Chevron--Stampin' Up!

2 comments:

  1. Too cute - love that monster with his googly eyes! Thanks for the kind comments you left on my blog - much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. googly eyes make everything cuter don't they.

    ReplyDelete